Monday, December 08, 2008

Who shot JR? Or how I learned to stop worrying and love American Dynasties.

Ok so I kept my mouth shut when Obama selected Hillary for secretary of state. Even though she personifies the plasticity and disingenuous nature that I (and most others) despise in Americas career politicians, I tried to stay silent. But now there is talk of handing Hillary's Senate seat over to another American political dynasty, the Kenneedy clan. What the hell is with Americans trying to practice Democracy by fiat? Now Caroline might be a great gal, hey Neil Diamond wrote her a song that I now have to hear at every karaoke outing, but what political experience does she have? And why should a senate seat be given to someone just because of his or her last name? I'll bet in New York there are hundreds if not thousands of individuals who have fought nearly their whole lives for progressive ideals. There are people who have worked hard, sacrificed, and given years of their lives all in an effort to improve the lives of their fellow Americans. Why would we not want leaders who have risen through the ranks by their own merit? (uhh.. BUSH!) Yes we are a celebrity-obsessed nation but if our fellow Americans continue down this path all we will be left with is a disenchanted electorate and a failed plutocracy. In other words what we've had for the last 8 years.

No comments: